– About-Face means a reversal of direction, attitude, or point of view. They aim to equip women and girls with tools to understand and resist harmful media messages that affect their self-esteem and body image.
– an international professional organization composed of individuals committed to the Health At Every Size principles. ASDH’s mission is to promote education, research, and the provision of services which enhanced health and well-being, and which are free from weight-based assumptions and weight discrimination.
– helping adults and children be joyful and confident with eating.
– author of Anorexia and Other Eating Disorders: How to Help Your Child Eat Well and Be Well: Practical solutions, compassionate communication to
ols and emotional support for parents of children and teenagers.
– an international organization of and for caregivers of eating disorder patients. F.E.A.S.T. serves families by providing information and mutual support, promoting evidence-based treatment, and advocating for research and education to reduce the suffering associated with eating disorders.
– trade book publisher specializing in eating disorders since 1980.
– Linda Bacon created the HAES pledge, Registry, and Resource List with support and advice from members of the HAES community. The intent is to strengthen the HAES movement: to help support people in adopting HAES and to help those in the HAES community get better connected and develop ideas.
– Dr. Robison specializes in health promotion and human behaviour, with a particular interest in why people do what they do and don’t do what they don’t do. He has served as co-editor of the journal Health At Every Size and has been helping people with weight and eating-related concerns for more than 20 years.
- this video provides strategies to help parents and families provide structure and support to youth with eating disorders before, during and after meals.
- a website with information regarding the eating continuum (healthy eating, distorted eating and eating disorders), as well as blog containing various topics one may deal with during recovery.
- a volunteer organization of parents who have helped their children recover from anorexia and bulimia through the use of Family-Based Treatment, also known as the Maudsley approach, an evidence-based therapy for eating disorders.
– a resource page providing up to date information on eating disorders including treatment options and eating disorders statistics.
- a not-for-profit coalition of health care professionals, counsellors and parents with children suffering from Eating Disorders. NIED aims to increase the awareness and education of Eating Disorders to sow the seeds for change in the understanding, treatment and funding of the disease in Canada.
– a Canadian non-profit providing resources on eating disorders and weight preoccupation
- a site striving to make sense of the latest findings in eating disorders research
– A site managed by Candy MacNeil, an Individual and Family therapist in Guelph, Ontario and dedicated to providing accurate information about the prevention and treatment of eating disorders.
Helping Your Child Eat with Trust Not Logic - Eva Musby
Ketly Meal Support for Families - A video to help guide meal support efforts of parents.
National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC) - helpline # 1 866 NEDIC 20